How to Behave in a Hospital
It is always common for a family member or friend to visit a patient in a hospital. The first thing to be kept in mind while you are in a hospital is to behave properly. Hospital manners are something every one should know and follow. Visiting a hospital can be for various reasons like visiting a patient or to see a doctor for yourselves or for one of your family members. Behaving properly in the hospital could be made possible only if you take care of yourself and your surroundings.
- Obey the hospital rules.
- When you are visiting a hospital to see a patient, enquire about his/her condition first and then decide whether or not to visit them. If the patient is in a critical condition, make sure that you do not disturb him with your visits.
- Visit a patient only when you are well. A patient would be having a weak immunity. If the person visiting the doctor is not well, it can worsen the physical condition of the patient too.
- Make sure that you are in the hospital only during visiting hours.
- Do not spent too much of time with the patient if he is seriously ill. You should have an idea how long to stay in the hospital. None of the patients would like visitors when they are having their bad hair days.
- Do not bring your entire family to the hospital. It is not a luxury resort to make fun. If you are too sick, bring one of the family members with you. If you have come to visit somebody, come alone.
- Do not navigate the hospital surroundings.
- Never bring any eatables from your home to the hospital, especially for the patients. The patients ought to follow a strict diet often.
- Do not irritate the doctors and nurses with unwanted questions. They will alert if there is anything important.
- Speak quietly in a hospital. Do not play the television or music loud.
- If possible leave the patients room when a doctor or nurse has come for a visit.
- Do no try to deal with any of the hospital equipments kept for the patient.
- Never peep into other patient’s room and disturb them.
- If you have any doubts, ask the enquiry or the head nurse in charge.
- Take your token and sit patiently in the waiting room when you have come to see the doctor.
- Keep yourself clean when you are in a hospital. Wash your hands with sanitizers regularly since there would be diseases that are contagious.
- Pay your bills without hesitation. Thank the doctor and the nurses for their excellent care. Make sure that they do not go unnoticed.
Every one need or wishes to have a good time in a hospital. If you really need a good experience, you too should contribute to make it happen. For this, behaving well in and around the hospital is very important.