How to Conduct Women’s Health Checkup?
It is important to stay healthy no matter what your age is. Together with having healthy food that is low in fat and practicing a healthy lifestyle, there are certain screening tests women should have as a precaution. Some of the health check ups women should have is the following.
- Cholesterol checks- Before the age of 35 itself, start checking for your cholesterol levels. Try to bring it down if it is high.
- Blood pressure- Have your blood pressure checked at least every 2 years.
- Diabetes test- If you have high blood pressure or cholesterol, you should definitely check your sugar level.
- Mammograms- Ask your physician, how often you should be screened for breast cancer.
- Pap test- This test is done for cervical cancer. This should be carried out at least once in a year.
- Osteoporosis test- This is done to test the density of the bone.
- STD test- Test often if you have any sexually transmitted disease.
- UTI tests- If you have pain and irritating symptoms while urinating, you should immediately test for any urinary tract infection.
- Self check your heart count. It should be between 60 and 100 beats per minute.
- If you do not have a 28 day or 30 day menstrual cycle, see a doctor.
- Take depression screening quiz to check if you are in a state of depression. Talk to your mental health professional about your symptoms.
- Avoid smoking
- Avoid substance abuse
- Eat variety of healthy food like fruits and green leafy vegetables.
- Avoid fatty food.
- Maintain healthy body weight