How to Take Care of Your Skin after Waxing?
Waxing is a natural method of hair removal that does not have any long lasting side effects. It is a common method of hair removal practiced by all skin types. It creates a nice, clean, smooth look to your skin. Every method of hair removal has positives and negatives. So, it is important to take care of your skin very carefully after the process. If you don’t take care of their skin after waxing, it can lead to ingrown hairs. When the hair breaks off underneath the skin during waxing, the hair will most probably become an ingrown hair. After the waxing process the pores of our skin open up for a few days. This is the time that we should be extremely careful. Open pores can get clogged fast with dirt, dead cells and sweat leading to dangerous infections. When a follicle gets infected with the staph bacteria you can get folliculitis also. Here are a few steps you can follow after waxing to keep your skin clean and fresh.
- First, wax at a good saloon if you are not experienced enough.
- Remove all the excess wax from the body by applying oil. Wash off with fresh water and pat dry with a clean towel.
- Apply moisturizer after waxing procedure. It is not advisable to apply creams immediately after waxing. It is better to do it the next day.
- Keep the area well moisturized by applying lotion to the treated area. This can make skin smooth and devoid of dryness.
- Do not apply any thing on your skin for a week except a high quality moisturizer.
- Do not expose yourself to sun rays after waxing. Stay home for at least a week after waxing especially if you do it for the first time
- Get rid of dry skin after waxing is important. This is to be done to avoid ingrown hairs that can cause infection, redness and rashes in the skin. Exfoliate two days after waxing with a pumice stone.
- Soaking the treated area in a bath containing dead sea salt or epsom salt is a great way to prevent infection.
- Do not tan your skin for a month.
- Do not take hot bath after waxing
- Do not use harsh soaps to clean your body
- Avoid using perfumes and deodorants
- Avoid swimming in public places for a week or two to avoid infection.
- Do not use bath tubs for a week after waxing
- Refrain from wearing tight fitted clothing after waxing. If possible use only loose cotton clothes.