What are the Different Yoga Postures that Help in Curing Back Pain?
Yoga is an excellent therapy for healing sore and injured back muscles. It helps in relieving back pain without any tablets or other medications. Yoga helps alleviate lower back pain by strengthening and stretching the muscles of the lower back. The different postures in yoga that can help relieve back pain include the following:
- Cobra Pose: Cobra pose is a healing yoga posture for the low back but this posture may have a negative affect if done incorrectly or too deep. This should be done mildly which can help in sacroiliac displacement. A low cobra pose is done to heal disc injuries.
- Corpse pose or Shavasana: This pose is helpful in releasing tension and relieving pain in the muscles of the back. The first step in Yoga practice is to learn how to relax your body and mind.
- Easy pose: This is also called Sukhasana and is usually performed after doing the Corpse Pose. This posture helps in straightening the spine and slowing down metabolism.
- Tad Asana: This Asana helps to stretch the spinal cord. This posture is good for muscles of the arm and shoulders
- Fish pose or Matsyasana: This asana relieves stiffness in the neck.
- Single leg raise: This posture is done to to prepare the body for other exercises. This helps in lower back muscles.
- Shoulder stretch: This relieves stress and tension on your shoulders, as well as your entire upper back.
- The Locust or Shalabhasana: This helps to eliminate tension in the nerves.
- Half spinal twist: This asana helps to strengthen the spinal cord.